Personal scientific empowerment.
This course is the result of the collaboration between the Centre for Evidence in Transplantation and the European Society for Organ Transplantation (ESOT).
Course Description and Objectives
ACADEMIA is a four-day long course that provides participants with intensive training on some of the key skills necessary to succeed in research, publishing, and professional interactions.
This course is strongly recommended to those who wish to learn how to conduct rigorous research, get published, effectively present their work, and become culturally competent professionals.
ACADEMIA is the ideal course to prepare for the ESOT Congress, which will take place on August 29-September 1 in Milan.
Research and publishing
fter attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Effectively search the literature
- Critically appraise scientific articles
- Understand and use basic medical statistics
- Conduct a systematic review
- Perform a meta-analysis
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations of their work
Interpersonal and cultural competence
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues
- Communicate more effectively with patients
- Develop greater awareness about their unconscious bias
- Use appropriate strategies to limit the impact of unconscious bias
The course combines different types of formats for an engaging and interactive learning experience: lectures, workshops, small-group work, and short presentations.
Participants will have the opportunity to win two awards during the course.
- The Sir Peter Morris Award for the best systematic review abstract
- The Henrik Ekberg Award for the best presentation
Awardees will receive free registration for the ESOT2021 congress in Milan and free ESOT membership for one year.
The course is primarily aimed at young investigators, but established professionals wishing to refresh and refine their academic and interpersonal skills are also welcome.
Registration is limited to max. 30 participants to promote active engagement and to stimulate close interaction among attendees and educators.
Participants can register via the ESOT website.